Emissions from Vehicles
- Engine Technology and Fuels
- Award Criteria
The main purpose is to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles.
Formulation of the Award Criteria:
The environmental performance of the fleet offered is rewarded (better performance than the minimum requirement in the requirements specification). Points are awarded on the basis of the enclosed evaluation matrix.
Documentation of the Award Criteria:
The criterion shall be documented by filling in the enclosed evaluation matrix.
Information about the Award Criteria:
For more information about the use of the evaluation matrix, please see the text in the evaluation matrix. You will find the link to the matrix under "Documentation of the Reuirement Specification" above.
The procurement of older vehicles is not included in this set of criteria, but if the contracting authority wants to allow new vehicles to be phased in during the contract (for example, in cases where there is a long delivery time for the vehicles), suppliers may be permitted to use vehicles with older Euro standards during the interim period. This applies in particular if the alternative is to to procure new vehicles for a short phase. In this case, the contracting authority shall set a deadline for when the requirements for the new vehicles shall be met.
It may be wise to stipulate in the contract that the contracting authority shall be able to check the vehicle registration on request, so that one can check whether the vehicles used in the contract are in accordance with what was offered.
Useful to combine with
- Requirements specification Emissions from Vehicles
- Contract term Availability of Fuel
- Contract term Climate and environmental reporting
- Norwegian Environment Agency’s pages on biofuels (In Norwegian)
- Regulation (EC) no. 595/2009 and subsequent amendments (Article 8) on the requirement of Euro VI for the registration of new heavy vehicles.
- Proposed amendment of Section 3 of the Motor Vehicle Regulations to implement a new environmental regulation (In Norwegian)
- Link to a benefit analysis with a section on waste collection services in Sarpsborg with electric waste collection vehicles (pp. 27–35) (In Norwegian)
- Overview of biogas filling stations in Norway and the Nordic countries (In Norwegian)
- Overview of hydrogen filling stations in Norway (In Norwegian)